Non-Executive Director of Birmingham Diocesan Multi-Academy Trust Board
The Birmingham Diocesan Multi Academy Trust (BDMAT) was formed in April 2017. We have 17 primary schools in the Trust including schools from the city of Birmingham, Solihull and Warwickshire. We are in the process of building a secondary free school, opening in September 2021
The Trust’s mission, values and strategic aims can be summarised in our three main goals:
- Life in its fullness for all (based on John 10:10)
- Success for all
- Positive well-being for all
The Trust is set up with Company Articles and has five members and a Board of eleven Directors.
The role of the Board is:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the Multi-Academy Trust
- To hold executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the organisation and to make sure its money is well spent
The commitment of Directors:
- To attend five Board meetings a year (Thursdays, 09.30 – 12.00) and one training day
- To be an active member of one of the Finance and Resource’s sub-committee (meeting termly)
We are particularly looking for a person who will bring professional financial experience/expertise to the Board:
We would hope that a possible Director would understand the importance of Governance and its role, preferably through some previous experience of being a non-executive Board member or working closely with a Board.
Our schools are predominantly Church of England Schools serving richly diverse communities. We welcome children and staff from all belief backgrounds. We welcome applications to become a Director from those from any faith background or from those who have no faith.
If you are interested in exploring this further, please contact Sarah Smith (Chair of the Board) for a conversation. Sarah’s email address is email@example.com and her telephone number is 07930 480658.